Excited to participate on this upcoming panel at this year’s Go Open Data Conference.
Our Digital Community – What’s Needed?
Our digital world holds many challenges as illustrated by Cambridge Analytica, issues related to the local Sidewalk Toronto initiative, the smart cities challenge happening in Canada and differences between our urban and rural communities. This diverse panel will speak to the current state of our digital community and where we need to go.
- Moderator: Jury Konga, Open Knowledge Canada
- Teresa Scassa, Canada Research Chair, Information Law and Policy University of Ottawa
- Suneel Jethani, Open Data Engagement Manager and Research Fellow, Digital Design and Innovation
State Government of Victoria, Australia and University of Melbourne
- Barbara Swartzentruber, Executive Director, Strategy, Innovation and Intergovernmental Service, City of Guelph
- Pam Ryan, Director, Service Development and Innovation, Toronto Public Library